Thursday, December 5, 2013

Self Portraits and Portraits Preview

 Self Portrait and Portraits

As we get ready to take photos next class on our new assignment, self-portrait and portrait photography. I thought you might want to look at some ideas and get something more than just looking at some photos. With that in mind go take a look at these 3 websites.



After looking at these, find what you think are the best 2 or 3 tips and copy and paste them into a new post on your blog (I don’t need 2-3 tips from each site, but 2-3 total, but please look at all three sites).

Step 2: I want you to a Google image search “Environmental portrait” and pick out 2 that you really like and post them on your blog. Tell me what you liked about the photo and why you picked it.

Step 3: Google image search “casual portrait” and pick out 2 that you really like and post them on your blog. Tell me what you liked about the photo and why you picked it.

Step 4: Google image search “formal portrait” and pick out 2 that you really like and post them on your blog. Tell me what you liked about the photo and why you picked it.

Step 5: Pick a self portrait from the Web sites above or Google image search “photography self portrait” and pick out 2 that you really like and post them on your blog. Tell me what you liked about the photo and why you picked it.

Planning Ahead:
Write a paragraph telling me your plan for your portrait assignment. Answer the following questions: who will you shoot, where will you shoot, and what will you do to make the shot successful. Be specific on all three answers. When I read it I should know who and where you will take the photos and I should know exactly what your plan is to make sure you get a quality photo.

BE AWARE I MUST SEE RULES OF PHOTOGRAPHYin your portraits.

No comments: